Where can i get coupons?
- Sunday Newspaper, the Sunday paper has Smart Source, Proctor & Gamble (Red Plum) Call 801-344-2959 to get your papers. Thursday has coupons too. I ordered Thursday and Sunday papers 5 copies for about $17 a month. The recommendation of the number of papers to get is 2 for every 1 person in the home.
- Online, print coupons from www.coupons.com, www.smartsource.com & manufacturer websites. You are allowed to print 2 of each of these coupons NEVER PHOTO COPY THEM!
- Manufacturer's # call or email with a compliment or complaint and you will get coupons.
- Catalina, a coupon printed at the register. Usually good for you next purchase or can also be used on a separate transaction.
- Blinky, found in the store on a shelf has a "blinking light"
- Tear Pad ("beer rebate") a coupon/rebate offer which can be torn off a glued stack, often found in the beer aisle. Limit one rebate per household.
- Peelies, coupons found attached to products usable for that purchase.
- Store Rewards grocery and retail store reward programs= extra value for every dollar spent.
- Shop Smart, use coupons when products are on sale in your price point, not just because you have a coupon. Don't always be brand loyal- it can be expensive!!
- Price Points, the point at which a product is at a price you are willing to pay.
- Save Time & Money-PANTRY SHOP Prepare weekly meal lists from food-already on hand- at your "own store" from items purchased on sale. Its Cheaper. Stock up on staple foods your family regularly uses. Shop ones and get up to 5x more groceries for less!!
- Cutting Method. Separate & stack coupons by page & cut once up to 5 copies ( be careful not to cut off bar code or numbers under it!)
- Portfolio Method ( BINDER) 9 clear baseball card pages, Pocketed Dividers, Tab Dividers
- Accordion File (MY CHOICE) 2 12 tab files
1- STORE SECTION
- Your favorite grocery & drug stores for Rain Checks, Shopping list and Store Coupons all for each store.
- ** Also is you are price matching to make it easier on yourself bring the store ad you are matching.
- KEEP THE STORES COUPON POLICY WITH YOU!
- Baby- 2 pgs Diaper, shampoo, baby foods
- Bread & Cereal - 5 pgs Cereal, breakfast foods, breads, rice, pasta, chips and crackers
- Cleaners- 8 pgs Floor cleaners, dish cleaners, two fabrics, standard cleaners, bathroom cleaners, and 2 air fresheners
- Dairy- 4 pgs Cheese, butter, oil, yogurt, misc dairy
- Dessert- 8pgs Cookies, frozen desserts, cake, brownie mixes, fruits, Jell-o, pudding, two drinks, candy, baking goods
- Meat- 6 pgs Fresh or frozen poultry, lunch meat, breakfast meats, misc meats, seasonings and sauces
- Medicine- 8 pgs 2 cold & allergy, pain relievers, first aid, 2 stomach acids, vitamins, and 1 misc medicines
- Paper Goods- 4 pgs Facial tissue, garbage bags, foils, wraps, & containers, plates and paper towels, toilet paper
- Personal Hygiene- 14 pgs Face wash, body wash, lotion, misc tooth products, deodorant, shaving needs, make up, shampoo, stylers, personal items
- Miscellaneous- 9-10 pgs Sauces, salsa, ketchup, 2 canned goods, 2 frozen goods, salads, dressings, misc food, pets, misc household items
( I personally am not going to use the binder method I am going to use 2 accordion files 1- for the coupons i am planning on using that week sorted by categories listed above and the other for the coupons i am not planning on using that week that i will organize according to expiration.)They have really cute accordion files on etsy!! Take a look!!
OK how about some more terminology?
- Price Matching: Match the price of another stores add (only works if a price is given for the item. example: buy one get one will only work if it is a buy one at 2.50 and get the other one free)
- Double Coupon: Walmart does DOUBLE COUPON Tuesdays they will match any coupon UP TO $1 ** Warning you will need all your coupons as the item is being scanned and tell them you are double couponing for it to work.. Weather the 20 cents is worth it to you is your choice.
- Rain check: a Rain Check is for an item you are wanting to buy that they are out of. Take it to customer service and they will write you a rain check you can use when the product is restocked usually for the next week with the sale price still usable.
Go register at www.savvyshopperdeals.com
- Free weekly emails
- Training/ Support
- Shopping Wizard
- You can browse and select products and coupons from the weekly store ads and then print a customized shopping list stored by Store, Aisle, Percentage of Savings, and Amy's Price Point Rankings.
- Amy's price point ranking will let you find WOW deals GREAT deals and GOOD deals ( Sally who taught our class said she basically only shops the WOW deals)
If you would like more information on these feel free to ask questions!!
Don't try to take on more than you can handle start at one store and feel good about it before you take on another one!
Why to Coupon?
- Save Money 50%- 80% on retail prices each week.
- Prepared Pantry/ Food Storage Perfect for busy moms. Cut your shopping trips by more than one half!
- Help Others. Donate inexpensive/FREE products
For me why I want to coupon is because in our monthly budget what is set aside for food does NOT cover anything for food storage. Money got tight a couple months ago and our cupboards became very bare because we were using everything we had. I don't want it to EVER be like that in the future. Times will get hard and I feel like its very important for us to have a food storage and to be able to provide for our family when that time comes. But to do it within our means and staying in our budget which has already been established which is why I am going to coupon.