Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

June 4, 2012

Lake Powell 2012

This trip was a little different than other years because of our Disney trip and Nate's week of school that followed the trip i went down WITHOUT him! Now before you all panic he did join me for the weekend! I left Tuesday after work to head down with my family, and Nate planned to drive down on Friday morning once he finished work to spend the weekend with me. I was really nervous to go down without Nate he is my other half! The ride down DEFINITELY had its bumps in the road.. LITERALLY! We lost a bag on the drive down i saw it through the passenger side window and NO ONE believed me!! It look me like 5 min to convince everyone else in the car what i had seen! My step brother Tanner was in the car behind me and luckily saw the bag and stopped to pick it up. When we all finally got back on the road just as we got back up to speed we BLEW a tire! Worst luck ever?!.... I think so! It was entertaining to watch my uncle get stuck in the McDonalds Drive Thru and end up walking to rest of the way.We finally got to Antelope Point around 2am and still had to unload some of the coolers into the fridges. I was not a happy camper by the time i finally got to bed, since I had not slept at all on the ride down.  Wednesday was definitely lonely without Nate everyone had there buddy and I was all by myself, so I stole my nephew Treyson to be my buddy.  Nate was able to tell me Tuesday night when I called to tell him we survived the car ride that he was coming down THURSDAY!!! It was soooo great to see Nate. I felt like I had been away from him forever! I'm sure the fact that he has been working nights and then spent his day off doing yard work at his brothers house did not help! I was soooo ready for some Nate time and i got it!! We caught up on some super hero movies that we had not seen thanks to my brother. (shocking?! I think not..)
Nate caught himself a toothless piranha also known at a Bluegil. Which later became my brother little pet.. AJ was playing by the water and this fish would not leave him alone! It kept coming back at one point he said he could feel it tugging on his swimsuit DEFINITELY a PIRANHA! Sunday morning we got up early to go to RAINBOW BRIDGE my dad was sure I had been there before but I didn't remember it.. And we have been going to Lake Powell since I was 12 so I think I would have remembered it if I had. After our choppy waved voyage and my dad taking us down these narrow...  I dont even know what to call it I should probably have Nate write this part because I am traumatized and have nothing good to say.
    The drive home was really entertaining, lets just say we have obviously spent lots of time in the car lately. All in all it was a good trip but like all trips not long enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment