Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

January 20, 2012

Smiths 1/9/12

Is it sad that my trip to the grocery store has become one of the highlights of my week? Sometimes of my month, since i don't go weekly?...

When i do my trip i am planning my entire month of food plus all my coupon items.. We budget $200 a month for groceries and couponing items. This trip i had a full list of all the things i needed plus a separate list of all my coupon items.. Luckily my food list was MOSTLY fresh fruits and veggies and a couple other loose odds and ends ( which added up ) BUT my coupons were all in order! We collected all of our items and headed to the register. Nate and i started making our bets, of what we thought the total would be. i could tell Nate thought we were going to be over budget. It didn't help that by the time everything was scanned it was showing 341!! I even panicked a little when i saw that! After we scanned our Fresh Values and handed her my stack of 50+ coupons all valued at a $1 or more we just watched the numbers go down and down. All the way down to 141. That is $59 dollars UNDER my budget and i am OK with that!
Spent $66 on groceries for the month & $75 on my coupon items
All of my couponed items would have been $195 which means on that alone i saved $120 with coupons and items being on sale.

Our haul included..
7- Old Spice Body Washes
7- Olay Body Washes
7- Secret Deodorants
14- Old Spice Deodorants
7- Boxes of Tide
7- Herbal Essence Hair Spray
8- Covergirl eye shadows

Our haul!

The receipt went down to my knees!!

Gracie loves when we make little forts for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment