Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

April 5, 2012

Aileens Baby Shower Cake

Aileen is one of my cute co-workers from the inbound department. She is a doll! We were all so excited for her when she found out she was pregnant! (even though she was in denial for quite some time) Her and her husband struggled for a LONG time on picking a name for this little babe, but finally agreed on Ethan just about a week or two ago. ( to my knowledge at least) They did toss out some cute names that we all agreed would have been soooo darling. But she is so cute and wanted to please all the grandparents and family members. I am just glad the little babe finally has a name!!


 
So like normal there is always some tragedy that happens when making this cake. This time i had totally FORGOTTEN about this cake until like 9 pm Sunday night.. I normally bake the cake 2 nights before the event and pop it in the freezer. The day before the event i pull out my already frozen cake and do my magic. (magic HA! used for lack of a better word) So that way it is already finished on the day it is needing to be ready, its just a matter of delivery and final touches. But since i was in slacker/procrastination mode, it was a longer journey since i had to bake, cool, and freeze in a shorter amount of time. AND to top it all of i decided it was finally time to get over my fear of homemade fondant... GUESS WHAT?! It paid off I finally figured it out! I will NOT be buying store bought expensive fondant anymore!! I guess the determination of not wanting to go into debt over making a client cake is good will power!

No comments:

Post a Comment