Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

August 26, 2011

Canning Mayhem!

Its that time of the year to CAN! Last year was my first time EVER canning! Nate's sister Alexis was more than willing to help me learn. We did Peach Raspberry Jam it is now my FAVORITE!! I made just enough to last us a year even though i'm sure we lost some in our 2 moves. This year she is expecting their 4th child in October and isn't planning on doing much canning. But Nate and i decided it was something we should learn how to do and do yearly if possible. This year we are canning Peaches, Apples, Peach Jam and Raspberry Peach Jam.

I wrote this like a month ago in hopes that would be everything we would ACTUALLY do.. Sadly we only got around to canning peaches. We missed the apple sales and we picked some peaches but they were way to hard and when they were finally soft enough they were also covered in MOLD!  Maybe next year we will do most Jam which was really the MAIN thing i wanted since we are running LOW!! I am addicted to the Peach Raspberry Jam and WILL NOT use anything else on my sandwich anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment