Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

November 9, 2011

Ruffle Pillow

Here are the pillows that started this entire project i LOVE LOVE LOVE these pillows BUT i did NOT want to spend 29.00 a piece for them!! + shipping.. So i figured I could make them for cheaper than that!


I found this tutorial online and worked from there. http://www.spendinglesslivingmore.com/2011/04/21/diy-ruffle-pillow-tutorial/






I used a full size sheet for my fabric. I measured the pillow across the top so I could take into account the puffiness. It was 16 inches across so I added another inch and cut 2 17×17 inch squares.
I wanted the strips to have enough length so that when I ruffled them they would fit all the way across. I doubled the width {16} and cut 32 inch strips. I cut about 6 of them, enough to go across the pillow how I wanted.

I sewed down the middle of each strip. Then I pulled on one string to ruffle them. (This part didnt work for me so i used this tutorial instead to ruffle my fabric) Here’s how to make an easy ruffle.
Locate on your machine your tension dial and your setting for the length of the stitch. These are my settings.
First, set your stitch length to the longest stitch. Mine is 6.
Then set your tension to the tightest tension, or the highest number.
Now you should be all set.
When you stitch away it will automatically ruffle.

{aren’t they pretty?!}
I laid them out on one of the 17×17 inch squares to see where to lay them.

( at this point i started doing my own process because my sewing machine and i weren't getting along anymore...i pulled out my trusty hot glue gun and glue my ruffles down since i knew this was just going to be a decorative pillow i knew that wouldn't be a problem )
I marked with a yellow colored pencil where the seam of the ruffle went on the pillow,so I would know where to sew. I did that for each ruffle.

Here’s the back after sewing on all the ruffles. I put it face down with the other square and sewed 3 of the edges together. I just sewed a little bit on the 4th side so I could still shove the pillow in there.
Next I turned it ride side out and pushed the pillow in.

I sewed it closed, I didn’t really know what I was doing, but I just went for it!






I got a Single Sheet from Walmart for around $5 and a pillow insert for $6 this pillow cost me around $11 dollars so i saved around $18 by making it myself.


Here is mine i think it turned out pretty dang good! What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment